ALLIED HEALTH SERVICES
INTEGRATED HEALTH CARE...
is a distinct specialty providing mental health and allied health services. By increasing alliances among medical, allied health services and mental health providers, our therapists are able to understand and attend to the physical, mental and emotional issues of patients.
The integration of counseling and health care is a natural one. Mental health is not a luxury, rather a necessary part of the whole treatment process. Behaviors, emotions, and stress related physical symptoms directly and mutually affect a variety of conditions and diseases.
The clinicians at IHC treat each individual within a holistic context. We believe that health is more than the absence of illness. Mental health deserves the same thorough, careful attention as a biomedical intervention.
Our mission is to help people to improve their well being and to alleviate distress. By identifying the strengths and coping resources of our patients, we help them to mobilize these strengths and to increase their ability to live more satisfying lives.
IHC offers a variety of mental health and allied health care services to improve one's quality of life and interpersonal functioning across the lifespan.
- Assessments and Consultations
- Individual, Couples and Family Counseling
- Child and Adolescent Counseling
- Caregiver and Elder Care Counseling
- Bilingual Counseling (English / Spanish) Servicios de Consejeria en Español
- Relaxation Therapy and Integrative Bodywork
- Alcohol and Other Drug Counseling
- Planned Interventions
- Clinical Supervision
- Allied Health Care Network
FOR WHOM ARE THESE SERVICES APPROPRIATE?
Licensed Counselors and Therapists assess, evaluate and provide treatment for persons having difficulty in some aspect of their life, including (but not limited to):
- Eating Disorders
- Relationship Discord
- Parenting Challenges
- Childhood Disorders
- Mood Swings
- Caregiver Challenges
- Substance Abuse (or the effects of someone elses use)
Our integrative treatment programs may benefit those experiencing any of the above, as well as other physical conditions, such as chronic pain, headaches, neuropathies, arthritis, fibromyalgia, MS, stroke, diabetes, stress-related dermatitis, or heart condition.
Services are available for individuals, families, and couples, children, adolescents, and adults. Treatment may be initiated by the patient, or a concerned family member, or by another health care professional. Services may include collaboration with the patient's other health care provider(s) or a referral to a health care specialist, or no contact with other specialists, according to each person's needs and treatment plan.
HOW DO I GET STARTED?
Making an appointment is the first step.
1. Depending on your presenting problem, you may be asked to fill out a Patient Health Questionnaire before or during your first appointment.
2. Your therapist will discuss with you information about your health, day to day activities, habits and other issues that start to clarify your concerns.
3. You and your therapist may agree that contacting one or more of your medical care providers would be helpful. If so, you will need to sign a release form.
4. During this process, you decide if you and your therapist are a "good fit." If not, feel free to express this to your therapist and appropriate referrals may be offered, if requested.
5. If you and your therapist are a good fit, a plan of action will be agreed upon.
The number of sessions, length of treatment and treatment plan depend on your needs. You are in charge and all decisions are made as a result of collaboration between you, your therapist and your medical care providers. Your confidentiality is protected and no contact is made or information shared without your written consent.
Information about fees will be discussed with you when you call for information or to schedule an appointment.
HEALTH IS BEYOND THE ABSENCE OF ILLNESS
Counseling therapies and allied health care work together to support mental and physical health. Through the prevention, assessment and treatment of a variety of mental and physical problems, these therapies contribute to wellness.
The therapists at IHC are experienced licensed professionals, educated in the provision of various treatment modalities. We welcome your questions about our qualifications and areas of expertise.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT:
INTEGRATED HEALTH CARE, LLC
146 Wind Chime Court
Raleigh, NC 27615
Website Design and Hosting by Provisions Consulting-Mental Health Marketing Specialists